Care Net 24/7 Helpline
Care Net Client Services
1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 Years
Care Net cares about your future as parents. Our goal is to help prepare you for a life of joy and love with your child.
The award-winning, best-selling 1-2-3 Magic program provides practical and easy-to-learn parenting techniques that work for children ages two through 12. You don’t need to study child psychology to understand the program’s simple steps, and you’ll quickly see results.
The program’s two DVDs cover all the material in the book 1-2-3 Magic and feature Dr. Thomas Phelan’s entertaining presentations and real-life family vignettes that reinforce the concepts.
The Magic: Step 1
Control Obnoxious Behavior
Learn simple techniques to help your kids stop doing what you don’t want them to do, such as whining, arguing, tantrums and sibling rivalry—for your sake and theirs!
Step 1 includes such lessons as:
- How to get your kids to stop obnoxious behavior
- How to avoid the talk-persuade-argue-yell-hit syndrome
- How to deal with six kinds of testing and manipulation
- How to handle misbehavior in public
- How to exercise self-control and be an effective disciplinarian
The Magic: Step 2
Encourage Good Behavior
Learn effective methods to get your kids to start doing what you want them to do, such as clean their rooms, go to bed, do their homework and more!
Step 2 includes such lessons as:
- Three parental qualities that foster competence in kids
- How to encourage and respect your child’s growing independence
- 10 strategies for building self-esteem
- Up and out in the morning
- How to get your kids to pick up after themselves
- Making mealtimes more enjoyable
- How to avoid the Homework Civil War
- Going to bed and staying there
- Family meetings: obnoxious but effective
Incentives are available as you complete lessons.
To enroll in this class and learn about other classes, contact a Care Net center near you.
We offer gently used maternity clothes, baby clothes to size 2T and other baby care items as well as classes to help you build healthy relationships and manage challenges of everyday living. We also can direct you to other community resources.