Care Net 24/7 Helpline
Care Net Client Services
Breastfeeding benefits both mother and baby.
- Significantly higher IQ and brain development for baby
- Helps mom lose weight and helps control bleeding after delivery
- Cost savings; breastfeeding is free!
- Babies are healthier, so fewer doctor visits
- Reduces the risk of SIDS
- Long-term nursing reduces the risk of ovarian, breast and uterine cancers
- Enhances bonding between mom and baby
Breastfeeding also reduces the risks of leukemia, obesity, ear infections, eczema, asthma, allergies, diarrhea, vomiting, respiratory infections, diabetes and heart disease.
Meet with our educator, who has more than 30 years of lactation consulting experience, and learn the basics of breastfeeding. Lessons include:
- Goals and benefits
- Technique and a good latch
- Getting enough milk
- Growth spurts and essentials
- Returning to work
Moms who took this class say:
I had no knowledge of breastfeeding and now feel well educated! ~ Christina
This program helped answer questions I had about breastfeeding: the proper latch, when to use a bottle, how to treat engorgement, how to transition back to work and still breastfeed. ~ Kate
It was so helpful to have the support of a lactation consultant for each lesson. ~ Jessica
Incentives are available as you complete lessons.
To enroll in this class and learn about other classes, contact a center near you.
We offer gently used maternity clothes, baby clothes to size 2T and other baby care items as well as classes to help you build healthy relationships and manage challenges of everyday living. We also can direct you to other community resources.