Care Net 24/7 Helpline
Care Net Client Services
Surviving Your Adolescents
Communicate, connect and guide your teen to adulthood. Learn how to manage and let go of your 13- to 18-year-old.
Learn the language of talking to teens and how to establish expectations, stay in touch—and take care of yourself.
Living with teenagers is no picnic.
You’ll find you must bite your tongue at times as your teens push toward independence. Or—if you sense there is trouble—times when you must take charge. This program gives you a step-by-step approach to help end the hassles and offer concrete solutions.
From rule breaking to risk taking to defensive communication and disrespect, parenting a teenager can feel like modern warfare.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Surviving Your Adolescents covers:
- How to recognize normal adolescent behavior
- How to manage risk-taking teens
- Exactly which problems require professional attention
- Which problems require you to let go
- The four cardinal sins—what not to do
- The relationship between parent/teen communication and adolescent safety
- Five ways to improve your relationship
- Which role to take: observer, adviser, negotiator, director
Clients who complete this class receive a $20 gas card and the book 1-2-3 Magic Teen by Thomas W. Phelan, Ph.D.
To enroll in this class and learn about other classes, call (859) 781-9878.
You will never be alone.
Care Net is privileged to offer free, confidential services to you during and after your pregnancy. We also offer gently used maternity and baby clothes to size 2T and other baby care items as well as classes to help you build healthy relationships and manage challenges of everyday living. We also can direct you to other community resources.